Monday, December 24, 2007

Plants and First Day of School

Here is Clio with her plants. Last year she grew an Amaryllis plant and really enjoyed watching it. They are so fast growing it's really fun for kids. This year, we're a bit behind due to being in China, so we won't have flowers for Christmas, but we started three bulbs. An Amaryllis, paperwhites and calla lilys. Clio is really proud of them and checks them every day and waters them herself.




Today was Tian's first day at school (a.ka. daycare). We wanted to give her an easy transition, starting with just a couple hours a day and working her way to full days, so she started today and will be going full time when I head back to work after New Year. It was an adventure for mom to try and get both girls ready, but they were surprisingly cooperative. Here are a few photos. So, yes I've got the house to myself for a couple of hours to do the final Christmas preparations and a little blogging! I wanted to let everyone know that I am planning to transition to a new blog soon. I want to have a general blog rather than just a travel journey blog. I'm also experiencing some frustration with the way blogger does photos and video (which I can't get to post at all!), so once I figure out what the new one will be, I'll let you all know. I imagine once I'm back to work, it will be harder to find time to do blogging, but I'm hoping to keep it up with some regularity. It's been such a great way to stay in touch with everyone and at the same time have a record of what is going on for our family.

Anyway, here are the photos of the girls as we are about to leave for school. Clio was VERY happy that Tian was finally going too!



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Too cute! They look so happy together. Glad to hear she is doing well!

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Unknown said...

Have you put together the new blog yet or just too darn busy with 2 kids? I hope all is well!