Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A fairly tale ending... (Nov. 12 still...)

So after our AWFUL day of travel, we check into our hotel, the Victory. Dane checks in while I sit on the couch with the kids. He comes back and says, "They gave us the best room in the place." I groan and say, "I won't believe it until we see it." In my cynical, dealing with kids screaming for hours mood, I'm thinking it must be Chinese hyperbole and we are really getting a dump.

Well, after a frustrating few minutes while the bell boy couldn't find the room...(???)...we open it up...and according to Clio, it's a princess palace. I guess we really were upgraded. We'd asked for a suite, but this one came complete with crystal chandieliers, a marble bar area, an automatic water boiling machine, two bathrooms, a jetted tub, a bidet and yes, a personal sauna. (I don't have a photo of the sauna as we didn't see it at first next to the shower. I'll try to put one up later so you'll believe me.) I just laughed and laughed because it seemed so nuts to be in this crazyily overdone luxury suite with two tired kids after the day we had had.

 


 


 


 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How awesome!! You all deserve that beautiful suite! Enjoy! So glad all is going well and Tian is doing fantastic. Get some rest and have some fun with your beautiful girls...we are thinking of you all and can't wait to meet Tian in person.