Sunday, November 18, 2007

We're Home

We are home and safe and sound. The trip really wasn't bad. Went much better than I had feared, but was of course long and tiring.

Tian did not sleep a lot last night and seems pretty confused by the time change. She was up for the morning about 3:30 a.m. and now is sleeping probably thinking it is night. I plan to wake her after about two hours and try to keep her awake for awhile. Clio did pretty well and was in bed by 9 p.m. last night, but up around 5 a.m. She should adjust pretty quickly, I think. Dane and I are planning to take shifts. I take the last nights and he takes the early mornings until Tian gets adjusted. All three of them are actually napping right now.

We took the girls out for a walk and to the park early this morning. The more sunlight they get, the easier it is to adjust their internal clocks. I can't say the swing was a big hit with Tian so far.

I'm going to keep this short as I've got lots to do and a rare opportunity with the rest of the household asleep.

5 comments:

Jeff and Madeline said...

Welcome home! Glad to hear you are going to get some rest too.

Patricia said...

Tain is really such a beautiful baby... you are so blessed! glad you all are back safely!
Patricia

Michelle said...

Hi Jeannene! I am up late trying to get Lilyann to sleep, and thought I'd check on some blogs. Glad all is well. Your girls are adjusting much better than mine. Miranda cried all day, wanting to sleep, but we had to keep her awake. Then when it was time to sleep she doesn't want to. Lilyann slept 5 hours from 5:30 am to 10:30am, had one short nap, and is still up crying at midnight! We have tried everything to get her to sleep, but the only thing that helps is if I am holding her, or allowing her to lay on me. If she falls asleep, and I attempt to put her in the crib, she is immediately screaming again, and we start all over!

Good luck with your girls, they are adorable!

Michelle

Unknown said...

So glad to hear you are home! I can't wait to see at home photos. :-)

Wish we could meet her in person!

Big hugs!

Marla

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home!! Glad you are all safe and the trip wasn't so bad.
Thinking of you all.