Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A last LYG comment

One thing I forgot to say in my other post...in the confusion about our visit, I was originally told I could not take any photos of the SWI. Then only outside photos. That is why I don't have as many as I had hoped. When we finally got them to say it was OK to see certain kids I already had photos of, they first found Lu Wen and I asked again if I could take a photo for her mama back home. They somewhat reluctantly agreed. I took the first one while she posed. Then I turned off my flash and took more without really asking. I couldn't really hide the fact I was doing it, but didn't really ask either and tried not to be too intrusive about it. I didn't want to overdo it and upset them. I couldn't get my video camera out as I felt that would really be pushing it. One of our travel mates did take some video instead of photos and I hope to get a copy of his video when we return home.

Overall it was a pretty bittersweet day. I'm glad we visited but to be honest it was a very hard and long trip, particularly with a 3 yr. old also in tow. And while I was happy to finally visit, I was stressed about the confusion regarding our visit which made it more difficult to get info. for you guys, disappointed not to be able to see all the kiddos with waiting families and so profoundly sad about my interaction with Tian's nanny and of course the children who aren't matched yet. I hope as many as possible are home with their families soon.

No comments: