Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Guangzhou at last... (Nov. 13)

We slept very well in the lap of luxury last night. Even Tian slept though the whole night until after 7 a.m. It was glorious. I woke up with a whole new attitude. Happy to be back in familiar territory as we spent 2 weeks here when we adopted Clio.

We went down to breakfast and ran into several of our friends from Hong Kong as well as some of my internet buddies. The buffet was all labeled in English! I was remembering so much from our first trip and getting excited about some of the restaurants and shopping in store. It really felt something like a family reunion!

Today we had Tian's medical appointment and did some additional paperwork. We have a nice relaxed schedule for the next few days. And here on Shamain island you can walk to everything you need. NO MORE VANS! Other than my total frustration over internet problems this afternoon, it's been a great day.

We had dinner at Lucy's, a sort of American restaurant. I had heard it had gone downhill, but I still swear by it. Really, how can you mess up a grilled cheese anyway? Just don't eat the mexican and the rest is all good. Clio even ate an entire casa dia, a first for her even at home. And as if grilled cheese wasn't good enough...they had sake on the menu. (I'm sure this blog is making me sound like a lush. I really don't drink that much at home.)

It amazes me that while the Chinese invented sake, we couldn't seem to find it on any menus and is considered very much a Japanese thing. Sake is my drink of choice these days...and it really isn't harsh like so many think or have experienced from a bad bottle. It's more like white while really, especially the good stuff. But in any case, my good friends at Lucy's had it on the menu and I ordered it and it was so good that I asked if I could purchase a bottle to take with me. In the states, it comes in something about the size of a wine bottle. They were happy to oblige...and it is a HUGE bottle. I mean HUGE. I will have to have a party in our luxury suite to get rid of it all. We will post of photo later, but I'm sure the staff are still talking about the crazy American lady...

So I'm going to bed happy this evening...my internet is working now, I've had a wonderful meal of grilled cheese and sake and the kids are both asleep!


 


 


 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: